The new, yearly report by Game City is now live! Casen Crowd helped out with some of the research on this paper. The report investigates the state of the video games industry in Skåne and Blekinge, the southern parts of Sweden.
In short, the report shows that:
- The survey has identified 55 organizations that are active within digital game development in southern Sweden. Data has been compiled from annual reports from 41 of the companies for FY 2014.
- FY 2014 these 39 companies had a combined turnover of SEK 919 million.
- The majority of the companies are profitable and report a combined profit of SEK 341.1 million for FY 2014.
- As of October 2015 there are an estimated total of 692 people involved in game development in the region.
- The industry continues to expand rapidly, with a 56.8% increase in turnover between 2013 and 2014, and with a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 36.9% 2011-2014.